Pages

Jun 21, 2011

Taiwan skin care: My beauty diary small purchase

I was in Guardian the other day and could not resist getting the
"Sweet TeaTime Mini set"............... it was too sweet and cute to resist.


Just look at the cute packaging....pink and white, exactly my "style"



what's inside?




1. Strawberry yogurt amino acid facial wash - small tub 30g
2. Vanilla souffle face scrub (what a yummylicious name) 50ml tube
3. 1 piece earl grey tea macaron sheet mask
4. 1 piece chocolate truffle sheet mask



Strawberry yogurt amino acid facial wash:


"A mild creamy cleanser that does not contains soap content, while with the use of amino acid with fruity strawberry & yogurt extract as cleansing ingredients. Soft, comfortable like yogurt, mild, and with pH value very similar to skin, it helps remove dirt while balance sebum and moisture level, would be another new kind of cleansing experience with romance."






It's a creamy pink cream in a creamy pink tub! with little strawberry beads in it. And of course, it smells very strawberry-like too.


See the tiny strawberry beads:


It foams up nicely with a little water:


The after feel is not too bad. But left my face a little too squeaky clean. I'm not the type that likes squeaky clean feel as i have dehydrated skin.
Glad i got the sample size. I don't think i will be re-purchasing.


The Vanilla Souffle scrub:

I'm really in love with the packaging. Look at the cute cupcakes! Ahhh....~~



Squeeze the souffle out. A puff ball mousse come out:



Then you just smear it all over and give it a rub:
You can see little bits and pieces of peel.
It's like a gommage and peeling gel.

The after feel: Mmmmm, it's ok i guess. But it left my skin feeling a little tight. I much prefer Beauty Credit's Coenzyme Q10 peeling gel, which left my skin soft and bouncy.
But it's fun to use. I'll give this a go and finish off the bottle and see if i still like it.



I also tried the two masks:



Earl grey tea:
"This limited release mask contains essence from earl grey tea, as well as extracts from macaron. It helps illuminating & clarifying skin, while also remove dullness and revitalize it, leaves you a brightening skin finish,"


My thoughts: Mmmm, not bad. It left me skin feeling clean and refreshed. I wouldn't mind using it just for the sake of using a mask. The scent is pretty good. It does lift your spirits.
However, i am not sure if it's lasting effects. Perhaps you need to use a few a more times to determine if this really helps clarify the skin.






Chocolate truffle:
"My Beauty Diary Chocolate Truffle Sheet Mask moisturizes and softens the face in 20 minutes.
The mask is made of carefully selected, quality cocoa bean extract from the southern part of Caribbean Sea and very precious truffle extract from the northern part of Italy. Cocoa beans give miraculously moisturizing and defending power while truffle provides deep nourishment and hydration. The combination makes skin feel very watery, silky and alluring.
Beta-Glucan, extracted from the endosperm of oat, together with rice protein, sinks deep into dry skin and continuously moisturizes. In addition, milk protein soothes and moisturizes excellently. The mask quenches the thirst of skin, leaving skin very comfortable, watery and elastic to the touch.
Suitable for normal skin, it is recommended for skin that tends to be dehydrated and skin with poor elasticity."


Ahh, the description seems to befit me. Dehydrated skin with poor elasticity. Sounds like its for me.
I slapped it on for 20 mins and the result?

This is not bad. It hydrated my skin and it felt bouncy. I kind of like this one.
As for the scent, it smelled like lower-quality chocolates to me. I prefer the earl grey tea scent.
But i do like the immediate after-effects of this one.
I might get more of this one to see if it helps my skin in the longer run.


No comments:

Post a Comment